The visual art curriculum uses essential questions to guide learning through making art. While formal art history is not a part of the curriculum students examine historical works of art from a variety of time periods and cultures using guiding questions such as:
- How do I connect to this piece?
- Am I reflected in this piece?
- What memories, emotions, or stories might this bring up for others?
- How and why was this piece created?
- What story does this piece tell?
- How do we put art into action?
- How can you use the art making process to develop understanding?
- How can you use art to communicate with others?