FSMN welcomes applications from all interested applicants who share our core values, including the Equity and Inclusion vision of our Strategic Plan:
“We envision a school community that embodies strength in diversity through the sharing of rich cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and experiences, and the celebration of varied personal expressions and identities, while recognizing the challenges posed by societal structures of oppression. We envision a student body that is able to work towards and is committed to social justice and equitable change-making in the world. We commit to the long-term, collective work of examining school culture, practices, and policies, changing conditions to promote equity, defining diversity and inclusion needs within our school community, and approaching this work with humility and urgency.”
FSMN is seeking to fill the following positions:
Middle School Science Teacher
Friends School of Minnesota is seeking a teaching candidate excited to share the wonders of science with middle school students grades 5-8 in a child-centered, student-driven, progressive education program. As a small school, with small class-sizes, we build deep relationships with students, their families, and staff and administration.
Environmental education, environmental action, and environmental justice are a part of the curriculum here.
Explore this website to learn more about the school and email [email protected] with a cover letter, resume, and three references with current contact information to apply.
Position will remain posted, with rolling interviews until filled.
Start date is August 30, 2021.
- 10-month (late August – mid June), full-time w/ full healthcare and benefits.
- $40-65,000 depending on experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or post graduate work in science/science education. (Additional stipend for MA)
- Teaching experience and teaching licensure preferred. (Additional stipend for licensure)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work in a highly engaging environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work in a traditional climate controlled school/classroom environment.
- Work outside in a variety of environments and weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Supervise students on field trips and overnight trips.
- Additional stipend for overnights
Details and how to apply.
Email our assistant head of school, Sara, at [email protected] or call her at 651-917-0636 for more information about substitute teaching at Friends School of Minnesota.
Friends School of Minnesota seeks diversity in every aspect of the school community. Friends School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, and national or ethnic origin in its admissions policies, hiring practices or in the administration of its personnel policies.