Days of Operation
We are open on all regular school days and release* days. Extended day is available to all students enrolled in Friends School of Minnesota.
One adult per 10 children.
Free-play on the playground and in the gym, weather, and schedule permitting. Common space for hanging out, board games, building blocks, marble runs, drawing, and Perler beads. Quiet area in the library for reading and homework. On release days, all of the above plus special activities and a DVD.
Cereal bars are available in the morning for students arriving by 8am.
Afternoon snack and beverage offered at 3pm and a small second snack at 5:30.
Rates and General Information
- General Information – General information about extended day was included in an extended day letter you received in your summer mailing. The letter is here as well.
- Rates are listed on the extended day contract/registration form you received in your summer mailing. They are also located here.(this is the same contract that is linked to below under the Contract/Registration Forms sub-head)
- Parents late for their contracted pick-up time are charged the drop-in rate for additional time.
Families receiving financial aid for tuition receive the same percentage of financial aid for their extended day fees. However, financial aid does not apply to late fees.
Changes to the 23-24 Extended Day Schedule
There will be NO afternoon Extended Day on:
- Friday, December 1st (we are hosting the Friends for a Nonviolent World Holiday Fair)
- Friday, June 7th (the last day of school)
The Extended Day program will close one hour early (5pm) on the day of our Friends Gathering for Racial Justice – date TBD.
Drop-In Information and 23-24 Drop-In Rates
If you need Extended Day regularly, you must fill out a contract. If you need Extended Day care only occasionally, your child is welcome as a drop-in, space permitting and under current program and Covid-19 safety guidelines, if any. For the 2023-2024 school year, we expect to have a limited number of drop-in spaces on any given day. Please email the front office at firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours in advance for availability and to register your child to use drop-in service. The earlier you email for a drop-in spot, the more likely we are to have space.
The drop in rates for Extended Day 2023-2024* are:
- 13.50/hour for the first hour/any portion of the first hour, 3:00-4:00 pm.
- $6.75/half hour/any portion of a half hour 4:00-6:00 pm
*Note: rates may change from year-to-year. If it is not the 2023-2024 school year, please email Hilary at email@example.com for current rates.
Extended day registration forms/contract are sent out each summer in our summer mailing. They are also located here. (also linked to above under the Rates and General Information sub-head above)
For additional information, contact Hilary Parker-Robertson, Extended Day and Extracurricular Programs Director, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or at 651-621-8941.
If You Need to Change Your Extended Day Contract
Use this Extended Day Contract Change Form to change your extended day contract.
*Note: A release day is a day when there is no school, but we offer child care from 8am to 5:30pm to students who register by the deadline. Release day information is here. There are no drop-ins on release days.
If you have additional questions about extended day, please refer to the 23-24 Extended Day Handbook.