All students at FSMN take Spanish, and, as a result, candidates need to be comfortable with multiple preparations and a variety of ages and learning styles. Emphasis at Friends School of Minnesota is on hands-on, project based learning as a way in ensuring maximum student engagement. A high level of conversational fluency is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; teaching license preferred. Familiarity with and commitment to the Quaker values and progressive educational philosophy that animate the school’s educational program;
- Skills in developing appropriately differentiated Spanish curriculum;
- Ability to utilize a TPR/PRS or story-telling approach to world language instruction;
- Skilled in using wide-ranging authentic assessment strategies;
- Skills in project-based learning and working with students with a wide variety of learning styles;
- Strong commitment to working as part of a team dedicated to inspiring the love of learning among our students.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references by May 25th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FSMN is an equal opportunity employer.