The learning specialist position is a .5 FTE, 10-month position.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends School of Minnesota seeks a part-time Learning Specialist for the 2018-2019 school year. The qualified candidate will have experience with students, parents and teachers in the coordination, monitoring and oversight of learning support plans that we design at FSMN as well as individualized education plans through Saint Paul Public Schools. The candidate must be willing to embrace the mission and values of Friends School of Minnesota.
FSMN is committed to providing excellent services for students with learning differences. The Learning Specialist supports the capacity of our faculty and parents by creating and supervising implementation of individual student learning plans, supporting staff and students within the classroom, providing parent education and consultation, and collaborating with SPPS to initiate and facilitate learning assessments, IEPs and direct services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Write, implement, and manage individual learning support plans and IEP’s for individual students.
- Oversee intervention services; conduct referrals to SPPS and evaluations of students.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings and workshops with parents, teachers and other professionals who work with identified students.
- Lead training sessions with FSMN staff to ensure best practices in teaching students with learning differences.
- Make connections and build relationships with students to support their academic achievement and social growth.
- Create and update learning support plans based on assessment results; maintain confidential student records and documentation of diagnosis and support plans.
- Conduct student observations in classrooms and implement formal protocols for observations and documentation.
- Support students with behavioral needs in the classroom.
- Reviews policies and plans around learning differences at FSMN.
- Bachelor’s Degree in special education, education, or related field.
- Two plus years related experience in educational/classroom settings.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret educational/psychoeducational assessment reports. •Ability to communicate information to students, families and teachers.
- Experience with a multi-sensory based reading program (Orton-Gillingham, Barton, Wilson, etc.)
- Experience with EBD students
The information contained here is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.