We are not currently accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year. We will start accepting applications for this year October 15.
We will begin accepting applications for the 2019-20 school year November 1, 2018.
Friends School of Minnesota seeks to enroll students and families who will contribute to and benefit from our progressive Quaker educational program and community. Students and families who are a good fit in terms of FSMN’s academics, philosophy, and core values are considered for admission. Admissions decisions are based on composing a well-balanced, diverse group of children, who, in FSMN’s view, will learn well with and from one another.
Friends School of Minnesota seeks diversity in every aspect of the school community. Friends School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, and national or ethnic origin in its admissions policies, hiring practices or in the administration of its personnel policies.
Step 1: Learn about the school
Step 2: Apply
We accept applications year round for openings and for our wait pools.
To open an admissions file for your child(ren), Friends School of Minnesota requires the following application materials:
- Admissions Application -You can submit this online, or download a paper copy (please note, all paper copies must be delivered or mailed to our admissions office at 1365 Englewood Ave, St. Paul, MN 55104).
- $60 application fee- You can pay online when applying, in person, or by check via mail.
- Teacher Feedback- Submit our recommendation form to the applicant's current teacher(s). The completed form can be sent back to FSMN via mail or email (please note, this is a confidential feedback form and must be received directly from the teacher or school. We will not accept feedback forms turned in by parents).
- Release of Information- Submit this release of information form to the applicant's current school, and ask them to send any available student records.
- Tuition Aid Application (optional)- Families interested in applying for tuition aid should begin their application at this point in the process. You can learn about this process on our tuition aid page.
Step 3: Schedule a student visit
Kindergarten applicants will visit with a group of peers for two hours on a Saturday morning in February. This year's available visits days are Saturday, February 17 and Saturday, February 24. These are play sessions led by our staff. Applicants are assessed for kindergarten readiness across a variety of domains.
1st Grade Applicants
Applicants applying for first grade will visit during a regular school day from 9:00-11:30am. They will join their peers in our kindergarten class. Staff will provide feedback and run basic assessments to determine fit.
2nd-7th Grade Applicants
Applicants will shadow a peer for a whole day at their current grade level. Staff will provide feedback and run basic assessments to determine fit.