This position is 15 hours a week. It is a contract position that will start in mid-Feburary and end December 2019.
Please send a cover letter describing interest, work background and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will accept applications until the position is filled. The earliest starting date would be in mid-February.
Friends School of Minnesota (FSMN) is an independent K-8 progressive Quaker school in St. Paul, Minnesota with 150 students. Our mission is to prepare children to embrace life, learning, and community with hope, skill, understanding and creativity. We are committed to the Quaker values of peace, justice, simplicity and integrity.
FSMN welcomes applications from all qualified applicants who share our core values, including the Equity and Inclusion vision of our Strategic Plan: “We envision a school community that embodies strength in diversity through the sharing of rich cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and experiences, and the celebration of varied personal expressions and identities, while recognizing the challenges posed by societal structures of oppression. We envision a student body that is able to work towards and is committed to social justice and equitable change making in the world. We commit to the long-term, collective work of examining school culture, practices, and policies, changing conditions to promote equity, defining diversity and inclusion needs within our school community, and approaching this work with humility and urgency.”
The Friends School seeks an individual to support us in revisioning our technology needs and the systems we have or could have to meet those needs more effectively and efficiently, while at the same time supporting faculty and staff to use our current technology well and maintain our systems. For the remainder of 2019, the Technology Consultant will support our school by:
- Provide help desk support to faculty and staff
- Meet with our team individually and in groups to help us analyze our tech systems and needs, then create a plan to make our systems more efficient and effective
- Work on deeper system maintenance
- Develop/set-up whatever new systems we have agreed upon
FALL SEMESTER 2019:
- Train and support staff to use all our tech systems (old and new)
- Continue to provide help desk support
- Figure out our long-term tech support plan so we can hire whatever long-term Tech Director position we need. Note that the consultant is welcome to apply for the long-term position once it is designed and posted.
- Technical skills to provide help-desk support to faculty and staff on how to use basic systems such as MS office, database, Chrome and G-Suite, and basic network and hardware administration.
- Familiarity with macOS and iOS devices
- Interpersonal skills to work with diverse individuals and groups for help-desk services, to collaboratively assess tech needs and generate solutions, and train staff
- Vision, creative problem solving, and systems thinking to gather ideas and help create a comprehensive technology plan to effectively and efficiently address the school’s technology needs
- Experience and understanding of how technology applies in a K-8 school environment would be ideal.
- Programming skills are not an essential requirement, but would be helpful.
Remuneration and Hours
- Consultant will be paid $31/hour.
- Consultant will work an anticipated average of 15 hours/week, at least 10 of which will be regular hours at the school (schedule to be negotiated).
- Works in a fast-paced environment, dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and people.
- Works primarily in a traditional, climate-controlled school environment.
The information contained here is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.