Steve Moe teaches how to run the school's recycling program.
At Friends School, we believe students of all ages can and should be active in our greater community. Children can make a difference in our world and service learning is integrated throughout the FSMN curriculum.
FSMN students have a variety of opportunities for service learning, supporting the Quaker values of community, integrity, and justice. A few examples:
- working at the Friends School Plant Sale to raise money for FSMN tuition aid
- learning about and running the school composting and recycling program (grades 5 and 6)
- joining the Student Service Committee
- making seed bombs to throw with the National Park Service
- raking leaves or shoveling snow for our elderly neighbors