Rare & Unusual Plant Sale (plus some Peonies!)
After the cancellation of this year’s plant sale, we found ourselves in possession of a lovely pile of plants from the Rare & Unusual section, along with a significant number of herbaceous peonies from our perennials section.
Are you interested in providing a loving home for some of these beauties?
Here’s how to bring some of them home:
- Sale opened: Sunday, May 3, 8:00 a.m.
- Order your plants online until Friday, May 8.
- Sale ends: Friday, May 8 at 11:59 p.m…. or sooner if the plants are sold out.
- Plant pickup: Saturday, May 16, and Sunday, May 17.
- Pickup location: Friends School of Minnesota, 1365 Englewood Ave, St. Paul.
All the details on how curbside pickup will work and a complete FAQ about the Rare & Unusual Plant Sale will be available on the site periods, May 2–8.
Important Note: Plants must be preordered and paid for online, then picked up in person at curbside on May 16 or 17. We cannot ship plants, and there will be no in-person shopping during the pickup time.
Hanging Baskets (a great gift for Mothers Day)
Our plans are set: We’re selling hanging baskets to drive-through customers (no pre-orders).
When: Saturday, May 9 from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. OUTSIDE in front of Friends School of Minnesota.
Where: The school is at 1365 Englewood Avenue in Saint Paul, a few blocks east of Hamline University and Snelling Avenue.
We’ll have 12″ fiber baskets for $25 each ($4.00 less than we were going to sell them at the sale).
For health safety, customers will drive through on the street without leaving their cars. Payment will be at the time of pickup by credit card only.
All of these baskets are hardy outdoors even when the temperature goes below 50°F, as it still will in mid-May. Most are for sun. We’ll have:
- Toscana strawberries, with dark pink flowers and ever-bearing red fruit
- Alyssum in white, purple, or a combination
- Lobelia in blue (takes part shade)
- Million Bells (Calibrachoa) in a variety of mixed-color combinations (pictured)
- Petunias in purple, yellow, or a mix of colors
- Twinspur (Diascia) in a mix of colors (takes part shade)
- Verbena in a mix of colors
- Wishbone Flower (Torenia) purple or a mix of colors (for shade)
Come early for the best selection! Questions? email [email protected]
Sow Seeds for Summer Bounty
Our new online seed store went live last Friday and the seeds for early-season edibles have been selling really well, but now it’s time to think about what you’ll be growing for summer and storing away in fall.
Get your seeds now and have them mailed to you.