Friends School of Minnesota families are invited to the all-school Back to School Picnic and New Student & Families Open House on Thursday, September 1.
5:30–6pm: Open House - A chance to meet your child’s teacher and see their classroom!
6:00–6:30pm: Welcome and staff introductions
6:30–8:00pm: Dinner and mingle - Grab a plate and make a new friend. Welcome the new families!
What Should You Bring?
The picnic is a potluck. However, this year the school will provide the entrees including beef and vegetarian hotdogs, buns, and condiments.
- Please bring your own plates and utensils in order to decrease the amount of waste.
- We will have plenty of water available, but if you desire a beverage other than water please BYOB.
- Families with students in grades K-2 please bring a dessert.
- Families with students in grades 3-4 please bring potato chips, pretzels, popcorn, or fruit.
- Families with students in grades 5-8 please bring a side dish or a salad.
- Setup tables and chairs
- Grill Master
- Tidy tables (e.g. - ensure that tables are kept full of food, remove and replace empty dishes, be mindful of spills, etc.)
- Take photos
- Clean up