The following safety and security measures are in effect. During extreme emergencies we refer to our Crisis Plan, which is available online via the Community Portal.
The front entrance is the primary entrance for families between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm and is monitored by Front Office staff.
- The back door is accessible between 7:30 am and 8:45 am for Extended Day students only and during dismissal (3:45-4:00 pm) for carpool and student pick-up.
- Families/guardians may use the after-hours parent code to enter the back door between 7:30 am and 8:50 am and both the front and back doors between 4:00 and 6:00 pm. Codes may not be given to non-families/guardians/caregivers.
- Utilize the back door only between 4:00 and 6:30 pm.
- An FSM staff person will be present during those hours to greet guests, control access to main building and monitor the area for safety
- The doors between gym area and other parts of the building will be locked during sporting events.
Evening meeting access
- Use the code given to you for regularly scheduled meetings
- No doors may be propped open (unattended) at any time.
In accordance with state laws, FSM will annually conduct:
- Five fire drills
- Five Lock Down drills
- One Severe Weather drill
The possession or use of handguns or other weapons while on FSM property is strictly prohibited. Please report any suspected violations to a school representative. If you believe someone’s safety is immediately at risk, call 911 or seek other emergency help.